2024 MAN Long Range Electric Trucks – MAN Truck & Bus, part Traton, is already introducing a few electric vehicle models. However, the scale of electrification must be achieved.
2024 MAN Long Range Electric Trucks Review
Handelsblatt interview via Electrek: Andreas Tostmann stated that the company will be producing a series of electric trucks for 2024 with a range of 500 km (311 miles) in the interview. This is a lot more than the MAN eTGM truck that can travel up to 200km (124 miles) per charge.
MAN ATGM specifications:
- 26-tonne truck
- Distances up to 200km (124 miles).
- Battery capacity – Not disclosed
- Electric drive output: 264kW (360 HP) and 3,100 Nm
- AC charging – Three-phase 22-44 Kilowatt
- DC charging – Up to 150 kW
- The company plans to eventually reach a range of 700-1,000km (435-622 miles), which would truly be impressive.
2024 MAN Long Range Electric Trucks Rumors
Interesting note from MAN: The CEO of the company prefers battery-electric vehicles to hydrogen fuel cells, particularly from a viability perspective. An electric drive can achieve cost parity with diesel more quickly than a fuel cell. Electric vehicles are inevitable, and other manufacturers are following suit. According to the forecast, 9 out of 10 new European city buses will be powered by electric vehicles by 2030. MAN currently offers MAN Lion City E electric buses, in articulated 12m and 18m versions. The company also offers MAN eTGE, which is based on the Volkswagen e-Crafter.